- Interviews by trained Care Guides to assess client’s needs.
- Provide information and referrals to county-wide services and local need-meeting agencies and organizations.
Basic Needs Assistance
- PCN provides an extensive needs-assessment for each client by trained Care Guides. Not only does this provide PCN the ability to see how we can help, this also enables us to assist our clients with referrals to other agencies throughout the Piqua area and county-wide that they may not know about or have access to.
- The first step in requesting assistance is completing our Crisis Intervention Intake Form
- Financial resources can sometimes be directed to needs such as utilities, Rx, steel-toed boots for employment, diapers, gasoline for appointments, state ID/birth certificates, etc.
- We offer prayer and spiritual encouragement.
- Referrals to faith-based counselling.
- Assistance with finding a faith-based community.
Comprehensive programs to develop skills in order to gain and retain employment.
- A faith-based 12-step recovery program that offers hope and support. The 12 steps, along with the accompanying 8 principles, offer participants a clear path to hope, freedom, sobriety and healing for life’s hurts, habits and hangups.
Steps To Change
- A financial based program which includes six weeks of financial assessment that will allow you to examine your use of available income and to help you better plan for the future.
- A comprehensive jobs workshop designed to develop skills in order to gain and retain employment. The curriculum is based on identifying how personal choices may determine outcomes. The focus of the workshop is real-life preparation for being a successful and valued employee.
- An extensive life skills training program designed to help provide a new beginning to young people that have aged out of the foster care system and those who are currently in the system.
The Piqua Compassion Network (PCN) exists to transform lives by providing Christian hope, education and basic needs assistance to Piqua area residents. We are committed to providing a hand up by empowering individuals to move forward from crisis and poverty.